From time to time there are special events of varying kinds. Past events have included:
• Movie Nights when we watch a movie of interest, followed by discussion and food. Past movies have included "The Power of Forgiveness," "Food, Inc." and "Bonhoeffer."
• A forum on the current state of health care in the U.S.
• A barbeque to focus on healthy eating by sharing with the gardeners of the Aptos Community Garden.
• “Sending our son to fight the wrong war”
Parents of a son in the Army, currently on his second tour in Iraq, shared their thoughts on how to support our troops practically – no matter what your opinion on the war itself. One parent, a former newspaper editor, wrote a series of opinion columns for the San Jose Mercury News on this topic which was then picked up world wide and on National Public Radio.
• “Reskilling Expo”Sponsored by Temple Beth El in Aptos, church members who started the Aptos Community Garden share their expertise with other community groups.• 45th Anniversary of Christ Lutheran ChurchThe church was founded in 1965 when Santa Cruz County was a much smaller place than it is today. Former members are invited to the celebration. The theme is “Remembering the Past; Aiming for the Future”